Monday, October 24, 2011

My Love for Peanut Butter at 8am

Guess what! You can have your peanut butter and eat it too!!

I'm a certified personal trainer, fitness instructor, choreographer and dance team coach. These passions led me to choose "Let's Move" as my platform as Ms. United States. Helping kids make healthy choices is important to me, so I try to follow my own advice and share it with others! Here's a wonderful recipe that will start your day off right.

Typically I choose low-carb, low-fat recipes, especially when training for pageants, shoots and performances. In recent years I've been forced to stray from the peanut butter aisle at the grocery store because I love it so much, I will eat the whole jar! This fall I came across an amazing recipe to start my day off right, and now I'm able to bring home the PB again. Check it out!

Oxygen Magazine, August 2011
High Energy Cinnamon Peanut Butter Pancake

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup eggwhites
  • 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
Instructions Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a skillet to medium and spray with cooking spray. Add mixture. Flip and cook other side. Makes 2 Servings, each with 220 calories 4g fat 11g carbs 3g sugars 36g protein. Top with light butter, honey and/or another swipe of peanut butter. To add more carbs, chop up a banana and add on top!

I'm certainly no chef, so this is a simple, quick, delicious recipe that makes me look forward to breakfast!

In November, I'll be visiting Kansas City and Philadelphia to talk to kids about health & fitness, to dance and meet new people! Contact msunitedstates2011@gmail.com to request an appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, great breakfast idea! I need to get in shape! I would like to compete in the 2012 Ms. United States. My name is Sharon Butler and wayyyyyyyy back when there were no MS. competitions I was divorced and begged pageant directors to start a system for unmarried women who had determination and a compassion to help others. I think, I was in the first Ms. United States Pageant when it was owned by Dana. Where do I sing up?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon! Visit the nationals website at http://missunitedstates.org/13112.html and send in your contact information for more information. Now is a great time to inquire because states are holding their regional qualifying pageants in the coming months! Texas just had theirs!

    ReplyDelete