Monday, August 8, 2011

Fitness & Nutrition with the Queen

I'm a personal trainer, fitness & dance instructor, so I oftentimes get asked how to lose those last 5-10lbs.

Well lucky you, you can join me in my 2-week slim down to prepare for the Michael Vonal photo shoot of the four United States Pageant titleholders! I followed this same plan in my last two weeks leading up to the pageant in Las Vegas!

My workouts are fun, that comes easily to me. I try to workout 45-60 minutes per day, or two 20-minute workouts at best. And when I have to take a day off, well, I do! The most important thing to remember is that you don't have to be in the gym for hours at a time. Consistency is the key. If you can only get in 15 or 20 minutes, then do it! Make the most of that time. You will be surprised how little I really work out.

Generally I eat low carb, but to prepare for events and photo shoots, I follow a carb cycling plan. With this plan, you manipulate the carbs that you intake each day. The key is that every day, you eat your body weight in protein (125 for me), less than 2,000mg sodium, and nothing processed. I'll follow this plan:

**Carb counts exclude vegetables - eat as many veggies as you want!

Monday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) / 30 min run&intervals, 20 min strength training
Tuesday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) / 60 min spin
Wednesday: High carb (about 150-175 carbs) **90 minute workout day: 60 min boot camp, 45 min strength cardio lass
Thursday: Low carb (100-125 carbs) / 30 min run&intervals, 20 min strength training
Friday: Low carb (100-125 carbs) / 60 min boot camp 
Saturday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) / Rest day
Sunday: High carb (about 150-175 carbs) **90 minute workout day: Trying some new classes at a local gym
Monday: Low carb (100-125 carbs) / 30 min run&intervals, 20 min strength training
Tuesday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) / 60 min spin
Wednesday: High carb (about 150-175 carbs) **90 minute workout day: 60 min boot camp, 45 min strength cardio lass
Thursday: Low carb (100-125 carbs) / 30 min run&intervals, 20 min strength training
Friday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) / 60 min boot camp
Saturday: No carbs (fewer than 25 carbs) **Day before the shoot! / 30-45 min jog outdoors, light weight training

Having a plan is really your best way to achieve results. When you write things down, you are so much more likely to achieve your goals. Also it's important to share your commitment with others, whether it's blogging, posting a Facebook status, or finding an accountability partner or personal trainer.

If you have questions about my workouts or meal plan, just contact me on Facebook or email at msunitedstates2011@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment